Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January hasn't been my month

After spraining my wrist and catching the flu from my brother, I got a sinus infection and bronchitis. Apparently I can't do anything halfway. Since I still have a fever over 99 F (that's in the 101 F range for all you people with normal body temps), I went back to the doctor today.

The PA decided she wanted blood work and a chest x-ray. I hadn't had my blood drawn since I was ten. It's not that I have a problem with blood or anything, but they simply can't find my veins. I tried giving blood multiple times only to be sent away with pity cookies and "maybe you should enjoy other people to give". With the help of an infant heel hot pack, the nice tech stuck my once, only positioned twice, and got barely enough blood. She was so flustered that she forgot that about the x-ray.

Armed with new antibiotics and a Hunchback of Notre Dame bandage (Mom, that movie came out in 1996 - maybe time to clean out the first aid box), I know sit and surf the web waiting for new Psych. I can only pray that I have the mental capacity to do homework tomorrow, because today's two questions isn't going to cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment